Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation organizes “Training for development and work with web-based GIS platform”
Below you can find more about what could be expected from the training and what are going to be its main accents:
GIS and Internet – Introduction and concepts;· Operational compatibility of data and concept of spatial data infrastructure
· Interpretative web-based services on Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) – WMS, WMTS, WFS, CSW, SOS и др;
· Directive INSPIRE (2007/2/EC);
· GIS software products for presentation of geographical data through web-based services;Demonstrations of Norwegian infrastructures for spatial data
Beside the theoretical part the main accent of the training will be the practical work with open source software applications:
· Systems for management of data bases: PostgreSQL/PostGIS;
· Development of web-services - Geoserver, Mapserver
· Interactive visualization of geographical data with Geonode, OpenLayers;
· Release and management of metadatawith Geonetworк OpenSource
The training aims to provide a good level of knowledge in regards to the aforementioned themes. The training will aslo aim at fostering a discussion in relation to the topic for sharing and provision of access to spatial data between instituions and organizations in Bulgaria. Our country faces a series of challenges related to the implementation of the obligations towards the requirements of the INSIPRE Directive for development of infrastructure for spatial data in Europe in support of the ecological policies of the EU and the policies and actions that may have effect on the environment. The project team believes that it is important that the NGOs provide new powers for development in this direction which will contribute to improvement of the conditions for sharing of spatial information in the country.
The lecturers that will participate in the training are:
Лектори в обучението ще бъдат:
· Mr. Lubomir Filipov- GIS expert with more than 12 years of experience with GIS amd project related to GIS application and it use for the needs of spatial planning and water management.
· Mr. Ragnvald Larsen – GIS expert from the Norwegian Environment Agency with long lasting experience in the sphere of development, work and maintenance of environmental data management systems. Mr. Larsen will present the Norwegian experience in relation to the work with GIS, GIS platforms and infrastructures for spatial data
Provision of accommodation and reimbursement of travel expenses is foreseen for all people willing to participate in the training and do not live in Sofia.
If you are interested in the training please send your application and well as short information for yourself (which organization do you represent; what is your sphere of work; what is your level of knowledge of GIS; do you need accommodation in Sofia) to: firstname.lastname@example.org до 21.11.2014 г.
The training is part of the project ”Building Capacity of Non-governmental Organizations, Youths and Citizens for Use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Strengthening the Monitoring Skills and Advocacy of Policies for Regional Sustainable Development”, funded by the NGO Program in Bulgaria under the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2009-2014. More information for the NGO Program in Bulgaria under the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2009-2014 can be found at: http://www.ngogrants.bg/
This document is created with the financial support of the NGO Program in Bulgaria under the Financial mechanism of the European Economic Area. The Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation bears the full responsibility for the content of the document and under no circumstances can be assumed that the content of the document reflects the official opinion of the Financial mechanism of the European Economic Area and the Operator of the NGO Program in Bulgaria.